About this course
This qualification is designed to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes, as well as developing the skills and knowledge to pursue a career in personal training. It is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Physical Activity and Sport (CIMSPA), providing 10 CIMSPA CPD points, as well as entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) at level 3.
- Active IQ
- For further information on funding opportunities please Click Here.
Mode of Study/Resources:
- Learner Achievement Portfolio (LAP)
- Accompanying AIQ Learner Manual
- E-learning for individual units
- Tutor e-mail support
Our Unique Selling Points (USP’s)
- Very experienced tutor
- Student-centred/blended-learning approaches.
- Course structure allows for flexibility and continuity enabling learners to fit studying around a busy lifestyle
- Competitive prices (covers the cost of referrals- first sit only)
Watch our online course Demo
For a closer look at our online student dashboard, you can click on the image above, login and view the demo. Please make sure your computer can play sound as some of the presentations contain audio. This demo is relevant for all of our online courses.
The login details are:
- Username: demouser
- Password: Demouse
There are no specific pre-requisite qualifications but some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2.
Qualification structure and credit value
This qualification includes the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) and the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (QCF). The learner must achieve a minimum of 52 credits from the 10 mandatory units.
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym):
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise.
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity.
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment.
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health.
- Planning gym-based exercise.
- Instructing gym-based exercise
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health.
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme.
- Programming personal training with clients.
- Delivering personal training sessions.
- Multiple Choice question paper.
- Practical Observation.
- Coursework/ portfolio of evidence
What could this qualification lead to?
This qualification will allow you to enter the health and fitness sector and will lead to employment in the following job role:
- Personal trainer (Level 3)
You will be able to work as a personal trainer in a variety of organisations such as health clubs, leisure centres and wellbeing facilities. This accredited achievement is valued and recognised by employers and the REPs. It can also assist you to increase your career opportunities, progression and earning potential.
Progression to further learning
The qualification is designed to offer you entry to and progression within your employment; you can also progress onto the following qualifications and apprenticeship framework:
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral (QCF)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (QCF)
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals (QCF)
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Health and Fitness (QCF)
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork (QCF)
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga (QCF)
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
- Level 4 special populations qualifications
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer (Bridging Award)
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES)
For further information on our E-Learning please click here.