About this course
This qualification can be undertaken online or via blended-learning. It provides the knowledge and skills to enable students to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective sessions in a gym based context. This qualification will provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 2.
- Active IQ
- For further information on funding opportunities please Click Here.
Mode of Study/Resources:
- Learner Achievement Portfolio (LAP)
- Accompanying AIQ Learner Manual
- Tutor e-mail support
Watch our online course Demo
For a closer look at our online student dashboard, you can click on the image above, login and view the demo. Please make sure your computer can play sound as some of the presentations contain audio. This demo is relevant for all of our online courses.
The login details are:
- Username: demouser
- Password: Demouse
Our Unique Selling Points (USP’s)
- Very experienced tutor
- Student-centred approach
- Course structure allows for flexibility and continuity enabling learners to fit studying around a busy lifestyle
- Competitive prices (covers the cost of referrals- first sit only)
This qualification is open to all individuals (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as gym-based fitness instructors (please note that 16-18 year olds may need to be supervised in the workplace once they have achieved the qualification). The course requires:
- Some physical exertion and individual participation
- A degree of physical fitness.
- An element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) pitched at level 2.
Qualification structure and credit Value
The student must achieve the 4 mandatory units and one optional pairing in the context of either Gym, Exercise to Music, Water based Exercise or Exercise and Physical Activity for Children. This course covers the gym based pathway units only.
Total credit value: 23
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise (6 credits)
- Unit 2 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (2 credits)
- Unit 3 – Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (2 credits)
- Unit 4 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health (4 credits)
Optional Pathway 1 Only- Gym-based (Credit Value: 10)
- Unit 5 – Planning gym-based exercise (4 credits)
- Unit 6 – Instructing gym-based exercise (6 credits)
This qualification provides progression to:
- Level 2 qualifications in Instructing Circuits, Exercise to Music and Aqua
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity.
Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy.
- Multiple Choice
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration / Assignment
For further information on our E-Learning please click here.