About the Course!
This qualification is delivered online and is designed to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing their skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
- Active IQ
- For further information on funding opportunities please Click Here.
Modes of Study/Resources
- Learner Achievement Portfolio (LAP)
- Accompanying AIQ Learner Manual
- Access to course materials via an online platform.
- Access to a video library with exercise demonstrations and PT assessment walkthrough.
- A course structure which allows for flexibility and continuity enabling you to fit studying around a busy lifestyle
- E-learning for individual units
- Personal Tutor e-mail support
Watch our online course Demo
For a closer look at our online student dashboard, you can click on the image above, login and view the demo. Please make sure your computer can play sound as some of the presentations contain audio. This demo is relevant for all of our online courses.
The login details are:
- Username: demouser
- Password: Demouse
A suitable level 2 qualification in gym instruction. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2.
Qualification structure and credit value
This qualification includes the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) and the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (QCF). The learner must achieve all mandatory units, and the total credit value is 36.
This qualification comprises of 7 mandatory units. Units 1, 2 and 3 have already been achieved at Level 2 and in order to achieve the full personal training certificate learners must achieve units 4, 5, 6 and 7.
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (2 credits)
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (2 credits)
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health (4 credits)
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health (6 credits)
- Programming personal training with clients (7 credits)
- Delivering personal training sessions (9 credits)
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme (6 credits)
- Multiple Choice question paper
- Practical Observation
- Coursework/ portfolio of evidence
What could this qualification lead to?
This qualification will allow you to enter the health and fitness sector and will lead to employment in the following job role:
- Personal trainer (Level 3)
You will be able to work as a personal trainer in a variety of organisations such as health clubs, leisure centres and wellbeing facilities. This accredited achievement is valued and recognised by employers and the REPs. It can also assist you to increase your career opportunities, progression and earning potential.
Will the qualification support progression to further learning?
The qualification is designed to offer you entry to and progression within your employment; you can also progress onto the following qualifications and apprenticeship framework:
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral (QCF)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (QCF)
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals (QCF)
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Health and Fitness (QCF)
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork (QCF)
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga (QCF)
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
- Level 4 special populations qualifications
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer (Bridging Award)
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES)
For further information on our E-Learning please click here.