About this Course
This is an elite training program for fitness and enhanced athletic performance, the course is designed for sports scientists, athletic trainers, chiropractors, physiotherapists, coaches and other sports professionals who want to work with players at all levels, from secondary education and university tier, to professional and Olympic level athletes.
National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
Mode of Study/Resources:
A blended learning approach; the course duration is expected to last up to 3 months. Students have the option of attending a weekend practical workshop to achieve this certification. In addition, students are supported with:
- Accompanying NASM Sports Performance Text
- I-Pod / MP3 Downloads
- Tutor e-mail support
- Workshop (optional)
- Cutting-edge performance assessment techniques and sport-specific program design
- Evidence-based applications that achieve remarkable results with athletes from novice to elite
- Human movement science such as postural considerations
- Elements of an integrated performance profile and assessment, integrated programme design, and nutrition are all core concepts covered within the course.
- Principles and Concepts of Human Movement Science
- Human Performance Testing and Evaluation
- Flexibility Training for Performance Enhancement
- Cardiorespiratory Training for Performance
- Plyometric Training Concepts for Performance
- Speed, Agility and Quickness Training for Performance Enhancement
- Components of Integrated Performance Training
- Program Design Principles and Application
- Injury Prevention and Reconditioning
- Sports Nutrition and Performance Aids
- Sports Psychology
Continued Professional Development (CPD):
Students can also gain valuable CPD (continued educational units [CEU’s]) with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) on completion of this course.
Enrolments are flexible and on-going throughout the year.
To find out more click on NASM The Brand